Nimbus Tip: Currently, Nimbus CLI is only available for macOS via Homebrew and Linux
VSCode and its UI are great for coding and interacting with your dev environments. However, it’s not the best place to manage dev servers, permissions, or other account/user administration. This is where Nimbus CLI comes in. With our CLI, we can unleash Nimbus’ potential and add value to your workflow.
In this tutorial, we will show you how you can install Nimbus CLI and get you ready for its various benefit.
Installation on macOS
- Open your terminal
- Install the latest version of Homebrew. Follow this Homebrew documentation if you have not installed it.
- Run the following command to make Nimbus CLI available for `brew install`:
brew tap usenimbus/nimbus
- Run the following command to install Nimbus CLI on your macOS.
brew install nimbus
- Run the following command and enter your password to authenticate yourself.
➜ ~ nimbus login email@example.com _ _ _ _ _ __ (_) _ __ ___ | |__ _ _ ___ ___ | | (_) | '_ \ | | | '_ ` _ \ | '_ \ | | | | / __| _____ / __| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |_) | | |_| | \__ \ |_____| | (__ | | | | |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_.__/ \__,_| |___/ \___| |_| |_| ? Please type in your login password (firstname.lastname@example.org): [input is hidden] Log In Successful. Welcome to Nimbus! ➜ ~
- Now you are ready to take advantage of all the great functionalities of Nimbus CLI!
➜ ~ nimbus Usage: nimbus [options] [command] CLI to manage your dev servers on Nimbus Options: -V, --version output the version number -h, --help display help for command Commands: login <email> Log In to Nimbus Account logout Log out of the current Nimbus Account list List All Devservers desc Describe Devserver Information create Create New Devserver delete Delete Existing Devserver help [command] display help for command ➜ ~
Installation on Linux
- Open your terminal
- Run the following command to download and install the Nimbus CLI:
curl -sL https://github.com/usenimbus/archive/releases/download/nimbus-cli-v0.1.4/nimbus -o /tmp/nimbus sudo install /tmp/nimbus /usr/local/bin/nimbus